YYC Plays is a group of organizations working together to show the impact play has on our city. We work together to set Calgary up as a leader in how people play. Our goal is to show the value and importance of play, as well as increase play participation. TOPP KIDS Joined in 2018, signing the PLAY Charter at the Calgary Central Library. This commitment to PLAY and delivery of Play to the city sets us apart as we were the only Afterschool program in Calgary to sign!
The Minister’s Awards of Excellence in Child Development celebrate child development professionals and their exceptional contributions to making life better for children and families in Alberta. This resource explains how Albertans can nominate individuals, teams or programs that demonstrate professional excellence in at least one of the following areas: innovative programming, inclusive practices, collaborative partnerships, leadership, promising practices, family/parent support, community building, and continuous improvement.
TOPP KIDS was nominated in the following categories in 2018
- Cody Topp for Leadership and Continuous Growth
- Chelsey MacLellan for Leadership and Building Community
- Karen Swanson for Leadership and Continuous Growth
- TOPP KIDS Evergreen
Miscellaneous Award Nominations
As we focus on constantly improving and building innovative programs, its nice to know that we have been nominated for or are submitting applications to the following awards catagories in 2019 /2020:
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers
- Alberta’s Top 75 Employers
- Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
- Calgary Chamber Small Business Calgary Award: ATB Small Business of the Year Award
- Calgary Chamber Small Business Calgary Award: Servus Credit Union Innovation Award
- Calgary Chamber Small Business Calgary Award: Company Culture Award
Accreditation promotes excellence in child care settings in Alberta and helps families choose the best care for their children. It is based on standards of excellence that reflect current research and leading practices to provide high-quality child care over and above licensing regulations for children from birth to 12 years of age.
Accreditation is available to all licensed day care centres and out-of-school care programs as well as approved family day home agencies in Alberta. Participation in accreditation is voluntary.
TOPP KIDS has been accredited since 2012.
An ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers trust each other.
BBB’s mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust. We do this by:
- Setting standards for marketplace trust
- Encouraging and supporting best practices by engaging with and educating consumers and businesses
- Celebrating marketplace role models
- Calling out and addressing substandard marketplace behavior
- Creating a community of trustworthy businesses and charities
BBB sees trust as a function of two primary factors – integrity and performance. Integrity includes respect, ethics and intent. Performance speaks to a business’s track record of delivering results in accordance with BBB standards and/or addressing customer concerns in a timely, satisfactory manner.
TOPP KIDS has been accredited since 2018.