At TOPP KIDS Out of School Clubs, we use our expertise in Early Childhood Education to create lifelong learners in our children, enrich staff through professional development, and provide the highest quality programs — and we’re always looking for people who believe in our mission.
Our Team & Family
We encourage enthusiasm for learning and emphasize the importance of having fun! As part of our commitment to providing the highest quality care in our programs, we’ll support you as you enhance your skills through intensive cross training, professional development, and growth opportunities. We also pride ourselves on our competitive compensation, excellent benefits, constant professional support. At TOPP KIDS you’ll find friendly, family-focused programs with approachable colleagues and teammates.
What it takes to be a TOPP KIDS Team Member
- A desire to make every moment as much fun and safe as possible
- A commitment to nurturing, inspiring, and entertaining the children in your care
- A passion for being a mentor and helping children develop vital skills
- A willingness to treat parents as partners in their child’s education
We take hiring very seriously. Every staff member is screened during the interview process, which includes Police Information Checks, Intervention Record Checks, personal reference checks, and educational background checks. Our team of staff is highly qualified, with many holding Early Childhood Education Degrees and Bachelors of Education, as well as qualified teaching assistants. Over 50% of staff hold First Aid certification and all have at least a Child Development Assistant Certificate.
If hired, the next step is a thorough in-house training program, as well as First Aid and CPR training if required.
TOPP KIDS is one of Calgary’s fastest growing childcare companies. Only 7 years old, we currently have 7 Before & After School programs and 2 Kindergarten Care programs, a Summer Camp, and we’re still growing! We are always looking for great people to join our team.
Visit the links below to view our job descriptions and see if one of our positions are right for you!
- Program Coordinator Job Description
- Assistant Program Coordinator Job Description
- Arts & Expression Coordinator Job Description
- Active Play & Games Coordinator Job Description
- Science Multiculturalism & Events Coordinator Job Description
- Youth Community Facilitator Job Description
Why TOPP KIDS?
- One of Calgary’s fastest growing childcare companies
- Current communities we serve includes Parkland, Evergreen, Maple Ridge, Coventry Hills, Copperfield, Silverado, and surrounding communities.
- We are always growing and are excited to provide care to more communities in Calgary and the surrounding area.
- Opportunities for growth and movement
- Unlike other companies where you have to wait for people to retire, TOPP KIDS is always growing and we have new positions becoming available all the time!
- We post all available positions internally before we ever look at external candidates.
- Employee Benefits Program
- We have an excellent Health Benefits plan that includes medical, dental, and vision care, as well as paramedical extended health coverage and life insurance.
- Professional Development
- We encourage and provide continuous professional development through our own ELCC & Community Development workshops as well as other workshops and conferences offered in Calgary. We even have an incentive that includes a bonus for workshops completed.
- TOPP KIDS Educational Grant Program
- Staff are eligible to apply for a grant to upgrade and further education.
- Partnerships include Bow Valley College and Portage College.
- Click here for more info: TOPP KIDS Educational Grant.
- Complete the application form by clicking the Apply Now button below.
- Qualified candidates for whom we may have a position available will be sent an email screening. The email screening asks approximately 15 questions about your qualifications, experience and what kind of position you are looking for. The email screening should be completed and sent back within 48 hours.
- If you are selected to continue forward, you will be contacted about scheduling an in-person interview or group interview. During this interview, you may be asked to spend time in the program, create an activity plan, and answer scenario questions.
- Next, references will be contacted. TOPP KIDS contacts at least two 2 professional references prior to making a hiring decision.
- If you are offered a position, you will be provided with an offer letter and a list of hiring requirements that must be completed prior to starting. It may include a Police Information Check, Intervention Record Check, and/or First Aid certification.
While we appreciate everyone’s interest in working with TOPP KIDS Out of School Care Clubs, only those being considered to move forward in the interview process will be contacted. All resumes that we receive are kept on file for a period of one year.
Calling all ECE Practicum Students: Kick Start Your Career!
At TOPP KIDS, it is our mission to provide the highest quality of training, professional development and create opportunities for growth with our teams. We are highly dedicated to expanding our family by offering these same benefits to interested ECE practicum students.
Join us today as you embark on your educational journey and kick-start your career in the ECE field!
We offer opportunities to streamline your area of focus based on what is most applicable to you- from our Kindergarten programs to our Junior Leadership initiative (ages 8-13), the variety of focus areas available will help you navigate all the possibilities for you to explore in your career.
With our recently launched our ELCC & Community Development Education Centre – take part in all of our resources, workshops and events free of charge! We believe in creating a family community among our employees. By completing your practicum with TOPP KIDS you will have an opportunity to apply to become part of that family upon completion. We look forward to helping grow you and your career in Early Childhood Education.
Join our family, where we always…