Upon registration, all fees are due and payable. Please refer to the current fee schedule to determine the fees due. It is your responsibility to ensure all payments are received. Because your child fills one of a limited number of spaces, your space must be paid for whether your child is present or not. Therefore, there is no exemption from fees for absence due to illness, vacation, program closure, staggered entry, or for any other reason. No credits can be given for days missed.
- A $50.00 non–refundable registration fee is required for each family registering in the program at the beginning of the term of care annually. This fee will not be applied to any month’s payment; it is strictly an administrative fee.
- Fees are due on the first day of each month, by post-dated cheque or automatic deposit.
- Fees will not be prorated for any reason.
Non–payment of fees
Leaders will work with families to develop alternate payment arrangements. Long–term default on fees will result in the services of TOPP KIDS being terminated.
- All payments at TOPP KIDS are due on the 1st or the 15th of the month (whichever date was agreed upon at time of registration). Any payments made after the 5 day grace period will be considered as a late payment and charged a $30.00 Late Fee (due the day payment is made).
- Fees not paid by the 5th grace period day of the month are subject to having the family's enrolment suspended until all fees are paid in full with the addition of the $30 late fee charge.
- Any fees arrears for more than 30 days will result in termination of enrolment in the program until the balance left owing is cleared.
- A $30.00 service charge will be charged on all NSF Cheques.
The Alberta Family and Social Services Day Care Subsidy is available to parents who need assistance to help cover the fees for child care. Forms for the subsidy are available at www.child.gov.ab.ca
. Once a subsidy has been granted families will receive a Subsidy Approval Letter
, a copy of which should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
, as soon as it is received. TOPP KIDS does NOT
get this information sent to us by the government and relies on families to provide this information before the first billing date to ensure fees are debited accordingly.
All families with subsidies must provide postdated cheques or PAD approval for the difference between the currently approved subsidy allowance and the cost of their fee for each month registered. Any remaining fees will be charged on the 15th of the following month after subsidy amounts are forwarded back to the program. Parents are responsible for paying any remaining fees by the 3rd Friday of that month. The Deposit Policy still applies.
It is the parent's responsibility to track and ensure their child reaches the minimum number of hours per month needed for a full subsidy payment as every family may be different.
To learn more about subsidies click HERE
TOPP KIDS Deposit dates are always the 1st and 15th of the month. Any payments made between or after these dates are deposited on the next deposit period.
A late fee of $1 per minute will apply when children are picked up after the closing time of 6:00 pm to cover the cost of overtime wages. An exception will be considered in an emergency situation. A similar fee will be charged if children exceed the 10 hours per day recommended by the Alberta Family and Social Services.
Families with three or more children will receive a discount of 10% on their fees for the third and subsequent siblings. Families with children attending part-time are not eligible for discounts.
CBE & CCSD Teachers receive a 15% discount on Full Time fees.
If a family chooses to withdraw from care at TOPP KIDS, a Child Care Withdrawal Notice Form must be submitted within the first 5 (five) calendar days of the month in order to have care terminated by the last calendar day of that month. Any Child Care Withdrawal Notice Form submitted later than the 5 (five) day period will not be able to terminate care for that month. Any form submitted after the 5th will be considered notice for the end of the following month. No refunds of the initial deposit will be given.
Complete the form below and return it to email@example.com
*** DEADLINE FOR ANY SEPTEMBER CHANGES: August 20th***
Child Care Withdrawal Notice Form
Afordability Grant - KindiClubs
These rates are provided directly to the program to further reduce KINDICLUB childcare fees.
- For full-time Kindergarten children, TK will be paid $450/registered KindiClub space. (FULL-TIME KINDICLUB REGISTRATION)
- Please note: This does not include Children in Kindergarten attending before and afterschool programs (Prince of Wales, Coventry Hills, St.Mary's, & Copperfield as they only attend before and afterschool hours).
- Please note: If your child does DROP-IN Care, you will not be eligible for the Affordability Grant unless you reach the minimum of 50 hours per month (50-99hrs),
- Please Note: All remaining fees/balances are the responsibility of the family and balances will be charged as usual month to month.
(10 month/ 100+Hrs)
| )MINUS SUBSIDY BASED ON INCOME)
PROGRAM CLOSURE DATES 2022/2023
Programs may have additional closure dates due to individual school calendars. All closure dates are communicated through our Bi-monthly newsletters.