Upon registration, all fees are due and payable. Please refer to the current fee schedule to determine the fees due. It is your responsibility to ensure all payments are received. Because your child fills one of a limited number of spaces, your space must be paid for whether your child is present or not. Therefore, there is no exemption from fees for absence due to illness, vacation, program closure, staggered entry, or for any other reason. No credits can be given for days missed.
- A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee is required for each family registering in the program at the beginning of the term of care annually. This fee will not be applied to any month’s payment; it is strictly an administrative fee.
- Fees are due on the 1st or 15th day of each month, by post-dated cheque or automatic deposit. (chosen at the time of registration). The only reason these dates will change is if the 1st or 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, then it will be the next business day that the bank will debit that payment.
- Fees will not be prorated for any reason.
Non–payment of fees
TOPP KIDS will work with families to develop alternate payment arrangements. Long–term default on fees will result in the services of TOPP KIDS being terminated.
- All payments at TOPP KIDS are due on the 1st or the 15th of the month (whichever date was agreed upon at the time of registration). Any payments made after the 5-day grace period will be considered late and charged a Late Fee (due the day payment is made).
- Fees not paid by the 5th grace period day of the month are subject to having the family's enrolment suspended until all fees are paid in full with the addition of the $35 late fee charge.
- Any fees arrears for more than 30 days will result in termination of enrolment in the program until the balance left owing is cleared.
- A $50.00 service charge will be charged on all NSF Cheques.
The Alberta Family and Social Services Day Care Subsidy is available to parents who need assistance to help cover the fees for child care. Forms for the subsidy are available at www.child.gov.ab.ca
. Once a subsidy has been granted families will receive a Subsidy Approval Letter
, a copy of which should be emailed to email@example.com
, as soon as it is received. TOPP KIDS does NOT
get this information sent to us by the government and relies on families to provide this information before the first billing date to ensure fees are debited accordingly.
All families with subsidies must provide postdated cheques or PAD approval for the difference between the currently approved subsidy allowance and the cost of their fee for each month registered. Any remaining fees will be charged on the 15th of the following month after subsidy amounts are forwarded back to the program. Parents are responsible for paying any remaining fees by the following Friday of that month.
- Subsidy Approvals at Registration:
If we are not provided with a full subsidy approval or your full approval is not shown on the claims site by your chosen monthly deposit date, the full fee will be charged for the first month. Please send all approvals to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be added to your account. Monthly subsidy claims are submitted to subsidy at the beginning of the following month, once we receive any subsidy amounts for the previous month, we will issue any credits to your account/notices of amounts owing, if applicable.
It is the parent's responsibility to track and ensure their child reaches the minimum number of hours per month needed for a full subsidy payment as every family may be different.
To learn more about subsidies click HERE
TOPP KIDS Deposit dates are always the 1st and 15th of the month. Any payments made between or after these dates are deposited on the next deposit period.
A late fee of $1 per minute will apply when children are picked up after the closing time of 6:00 pm to cover the cost of overtime wages. An exception will be considered in an emergency situation. A similar fee will be charged if children exceed the 10 hours per day recommended by the Alberta Family and Social Services.
Families with three or more children will receive a discount of 10% on their fees for the third and subsequent siblings (OOSC children only
). Families with children attending Drop-In are not eligible for discounts.
CBE, CCSD, & CTR Teachers receive a 15% discount on Full and Part-Time fees (Grades 1-6 only).
If a family chooses to withdraw from care at TOPP KIDS, a Child Care Withdrawal Notice Form must be submitted within the first 5 (five) calendar days of the month in order to have care terminated by the last calendar day of that month. Any Child Care Withdrawal Notice Form submitted later than the 5 (five) day period will not be able to terminate care for that month. Any form submitted after the 5th will be considered notice for the end of the following month. No refunds of the initial deposit will be given.
Complete the form below and return it to email@example.com
*** ENROLLMENT CHANGES FOR THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOLLOWING APRIL 5th, 2024***
*** DEADLINE FOR ANY SEPTEMBER/AUGUST CHANGES: August 15th***
Child Care Withdrawal Notice Form
Affordability Grant - KindiClubs
These rates are provided directly to the program to further reduce KINDICLUB childcare fees.
- For full-time Kindergarten children, TK will be paid $450/registered KindiClub space. (FULL-TIME KINDICLUB REGISTRATION)
- Please note: This does not include Children in Kindergarten attending before and afterschool programs (Prince of Wales, Coventry Hills, St.Mary's, & Copperfield) as they only attend before and afterschool hours).
- Please note: If your child does DROP-IN Care, you will not be eligible for the Affordability Grant,
- Please Note: All remaining fees/balances are the responsibility of the family and balances will be charged as usual month to month.
(10 month/ 100+Hrs)
|NEW FEE $456.40
(MINUS SUBSIDY BASED ON INCOME)
TOPP KIDS CALENDAR
Programs may have additional closure dates due to individual school calendars. All closure dates are communicated through our Bi-monthly newsletters.