Upon registration, all fees are due and payable. Please refer to the current fee schedule to determine fees due. It is your responsibility to ensure all payments are received. Because your child fills one of a limited number of spaces, your space must be paid for whether your child is present or not. Therefore, there is no exemption from fees for absence due to illness, vacation, or for any other reason. No credits can be given for days missed.
- A $50.00 non–refundable registration fee is required for each family registering in the program. This fee will not be applied to any month’s payment; it is strictly an administrative fee. Those who have paid the registration fee for previous years do not need to pay this again.
- Fees are due on the first day of each month, by post–dated cheque.
- Fees will not be prorated for any reason.
Non–payment of fees
Leaders will work with families to develop alternate payment arrangements. Long–term default on fees will result in the services of TOPP KIDS being terminated.
- All payments at TOPP KIDS are due on the 1st or the 15th of the month (whichever date was agreed upon at time of registration). Any payments made after the 5 day grace period will be considered as a late payment and charged a $30.00 Late Fee (due the day payment is made).
- Fees not paid by the 5th grace period day of the month are subject to having the child’s enrolment suspended until all fees are paid in full and a $30 late fee charge.
- A $30.00 service charge will be charged on all NSF Cheques.
- Any fees and fines in arrears must be paid by the first day of the following month or may result in termination of enrolment in the program.
The Alberta Family and Social Services Day Care Subsidy is available to parents who need assistance to help cover the fees for child care. Forms for the subsidy are available at www.child.gov.ab.ca
. Once a subsidy has been granted parents will receive a subsidy approval letter, a copy of which should be brought to the TOPP KIDS Child Care Centre Coordinator within 2 weeks of registering.
All families with subsidies must provide postdated cheques for the difference between the currently approved subsidy allowance and the cost of their fee for each month registered. Any remaining fees will be charged on the 3rd Monday the following month after subsidy amounts are forwarded back to the program. Parents are responsible for paying any remaining fees by the 3rd Friday of that month. Deposit Policy still applies.
It is the parent's responsibility to track and ensure their child reaches the minimum number of hours per month needed for a full subsidy payment as every family may be different.
TOPP KIDS Deposit dates are always the 1st and 15th of the month. Any payments made between or after these dates are deposited on the next deposit period.
A late fee of $1 per minute will apply when children are picked up after the closing time of 6:00 pm to cover the cost of overtime wages. An exception will be considered in an emergency situation. A similar fee will be charged if children exceed the 10 hours per day recommended by the Alberta Family and Social Services.
Families with three or more children will receive a discount of 10% on their fees for the third and subsequent siblings. Families with children attending part-time are not eligible for discounts.
If a family chooses to withdraw from care at TOPP KIDS, a Child Care Withdrawal Notice Form must be submitted within the first 5 (five) calendar days of the month in order to have care terminated by the last calendar day of that month. Any Child Care Withdrawal Notice Form submitted later than the 5 (five) day period will not be able to terminate care for that month. Any form submitted after the 5th will be considered notice for the end of the following month. No refunds of the initial deposit will be given.
Complete the form below and return it to your Program Coordinator.
Child Care Withdrawal Notice Form
Families who have been with TOPP KIDS Childcare Centre for six months or more and wish to take an extended leave of more than two weeks but not more than one month in one consecutive period may apply to hold their space at the center by paying a holding fee of 50% of the tuition due for that period. Winter Break is the exception to this policy. Full fees are expected during the month of December.
Families who choose to release their space will be placed back on the waiting list.
PROGRAM CLOSURE DATES 2019/2020
Programs may have additional closure dates due to individual school calendars. All closure dates are communicated through our Bi-monthly newsletters.
- LABOUR DAY
- REMEMBRANCE DAY
- WINTER BREAK:
- CBE - December 19th, 2019 – January 6th, 2020
- CCSD - December 20th, 2019 – January 6th, 2020
- January 24th 2018 – Staff Professional Development
- FAMILY DAY
- GOOD FRIDAY
- EASTER MONDAY
- VICTORIA DAY
- SUMMER PREP – June 29th
- SUMMER BREAK July - August